Saturday, May 12, 2012

Invigorate the creative soul....organize!

 Don't you just love organizing things in things?...bins, baskets, cupboards, shelves and now there's this! ----------------------->

 Storage things are almost...almost...as addicting as fabric to me.


In my wanderings through What's on Your Work desk Wednesday...also fondly referred to as WOYWW......one of the gals was talking about this marvelous piece of organization that she had discovered through another friend. 

Well, of course I saw the usefulness and hurried down to my local Harbor Freight Tools center and bought one....$18.99...and believe me...it holds a LOT of brick-a-brack. Isn't it marvelous? It's like a 4 layered Lazy Susan....it's metal and spins like a dream! Ok....maybe that's a little dramatic but I DO love it! 

While I was shopping...I don't think that's what the guys say when they go to Harbor Freight...but that's what I was doing, shopping, I also found ON SALE these magnetic holder strips....bingo!...I have been wanting to get one of these to hold my scissors for a long time and there they were....$4.99 regular price $9.99!! So of course, I bought two.

 When I opened them up, wouldn't you know it?...That name right there in the middle was just printed on one very long sticker. Well, naturally, I thought...I bet I could make that cute before I hang it up. 
And so I did!

 I peeled off the sticker (sorry US General, ya gotta go).
I got out my trusty E-600. Can I just say....I LOVE E-600! 
And some simply cute black and white swiss dot 1" grosgrain ribbon.....I also love swiss dot anything!
I just covered the magnets with my wonderful E-600 and laid the ribbon perfectly over the top of the magnets...doesn't that look sooooo much better than that sticker?
Of course, you could also use something like Washi tape instead of ribbon, I just happen to have a LOT of ribbon and NO Washi Tape.


 
And there you have it....a place for all my scissors.....




....uh, oh...my scissor addiction is showing pfffffff! Secretly, I have more in the drawer, I might have to buy a third strip :)

And look, even my rotary cutters can hang there and look pretty!

So, now with this new organization, I feel ready to dive into some of my procrastination pile. 
It's a good thing to change things up.....move things around.....somehow the same old brick-a-brack moved to a new place invigorates the creative soul. 



15 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm a container freak and have been looking for the perfect cereal bowl since I was eight years old! :-)

    I think I'm going to head down to our local hardware store and see if I'm able to find one of those magnet strips.

    Thanks for sharing, Ms. Suzie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! so am I...a container freak...that's a good description! Love that you have been looking for the perfect cereal bowl, let me know if you find it cause I now that I think about it...so have I :)

      Delete
  2. I love the scissors holder the best! I lot to organize and then re-organize! LOL


    I hope you have enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, it's my favorite thing in the room ATM! I hope you had a wonderful weekend too!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow!!! I need to get organized! Haven't done it in awhile, and your scissor holder is AWESOME (a third one wouldn't hurt anything at all)!!! =)
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Changing things around sure can help stir the soul, Kim! thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I need to get organized! Thanks for the ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Eden! I hope you find a way to change things up!

      Delete
  5. You're so organized! I need to up my game. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only appears that way, Paige, really the rest of my room leaves so much to be desired :)

      Delete
  6. "Hi, my name is Debbi, and I'm a toteaholic". lol. when I see any kind of organizer, my OCD kicks into over drive. :~D Thanks for your comment on my blog, and now I'm following you.
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Debbi! Thanks for stopping by and for the follow, I love reading your blog!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE organization and trying out different bins and things. I confess sometimes I think that is half the fun to crafting. I love your lazy susan and all the STUFF it holds. The magnetic strips are great too, but so much better now that you covered them with dotty ribbon. I agree that tidying things up and getting organized sparks you to play somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...I am always finding new ways to organize things...makes me a little crazy actually because I really never feel totally organized :) Thanks for stopping by Judy!

      Delete
  8. Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thank you

    my blog post ... tudecidesveracruz.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to let me know you were here!