Friday, April 20, 2012

Lost and Found...Serendipity Shopping Day!





As you know, on most weekday mornings, I am in charge of dropping off my grand kids at their respective schools for a day of academia.

They arrive at my home with backpacks and lunch pails and sometimes still in pajamas with their clothes in a bag because it was one of "those" mornings....sigh...I remember "those" mornings!

This morning they arrived as usual, chattering about video games and other important stuff like Aidan's fourth grade field trip to the world famous "Ramona Pageant" outdoor play. ALL of the fourth graders in the area schools (around 3,000 I would guess) are invited to watch the final dress rehearsal and this is Aidan's year. He wanted to be well prepared for what was obviously going to be a pretty hot afternoon...we are suppose to be in the 90's today..yikes!

I dug out one of our CamelBack backpacks for him, he wanted to take plenty of water....I opened it up and there it was! The VERY long lost Nintendo DS he had been missing apparently since the last time he used that backpack....last year's field trip to be exact! The joy on his face was shear delight! This small piece of electronic equipment was found at last! It had not been stolen like his bicycle...nope...here it was, still charged up and ready to play...oh happy day!!

Don't you just love it when lost things become found things?

I love surprises and that was one of the best surprises EVER!



So, I am going shopping to celebrate found things!

I thought I would begin with some of the shops that treasured mine this week.....




I stopped by HandmadebyCJ to admire her art. I like this one...if you like the modern style you should check her other original works of art!











Felting is such an interesting art. There are many, many felt artists on Etsy.  Andrea at HeartFeltbyAndrea is a gal who loves what she does...what a beautiful felted flower this is!








Omg! Can I just say...I love babies...and purple..and here they both are! Aren't babies so sweet when they sleep? I think WeeLambieKnits is such a fun shop to visit!











Did I say I love purple? Yes, I did. I found this pretty necklace at  JewelryByScotti and she has such a wide variety of jewelry in her shop...you just have to take a look, there could be something for Mom in there!








I wandered into doranzi because I saw this cute little vintage bear in the window. I love to look at vintage shops, you find some of the cutest old things in them. Debbi has lots of nice vintage items and some great destash finds too!










Yes! I do love babies...we've already established that. But, can I just say...I love everything about them, even their drooling! Isn't this bib from CwtchBugs so darn cute? And how about that baby wearing it?










Isn't this the cutest trivet...almost a shame to put a pan on it. I found it at SnowNoseCrafts and she has lots of wonderful crafty things in her shop...she even makes angels...I love angels!









FiberThreadYarn is a small shop with some very interesting and fun art pieces. I found this art doll in her collection and I rather like it. It's interesting all the pieces she used to make it. Isn't fiber art just amazing?






Aren't these earrings so sweet? And they are teal...another one of my favorite colors. I found them at dragonflyridge among so many other beautiful pieces of jewelry, it was hard to pick just one to show you!








Well, it's the end of another wonderful week ...I think I will go bask in the glory of found things!!





I hope you had fun shopping with me!








P.S. Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY....
you could win one of these.....

7 comments:

  1. Suzie thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to do this.I found some treasures here today xo Have a great weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for mentioning my shop, Suzie! I love purple too!

    Scotti Cohn
    Jewelry by Scotti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog Suzie! Am now following too:) Always enjoy your Friday shopping trips and today was no exception...you have picked some lovely items!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog
    thanks for including my purple hat and diaper cover photo props
    I love all of these picks
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for including my shop! I do, indeed, love what I do! The blog looks great, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shopping with you is a lot of fun! You found some very cute and interesting items!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great finds! Yes, I love shopping. Wish I had a bigger wallet....

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to let me know you were here!